i was just thinking about this pollution thing today as i was driving down
the coast, north of sb...there was a beach where we used to go to but it is
downstream from a dump site & one of the most polluted of all the beaches
here...

it looks beautiful & pristine, surrounded by fields but its not
safe...sadly, most of the ocean here is pretty toxic, i think from
agriculture runoff...

the past few years they have been monitoring the water for all sorts of icky
stuff & who knows how long its been so bad...every summer my son would come
home from surf camp with a terrible ear infection...i began to suspect that
our waters were polluted...turns out they really are unsafe to go in most of
the time, especially the area where he was surfing...world class Rincon
Point...i haven't been in the ocean here in years...only hawaii