At 3/20/2002 01:15 PM, dsk wrote:
>It's the "top 100 guitar players of all time". Joni's #74 and is the
>only woman on the list. Not sure I agree with Blue being a classic
>moment since the dulcimer is the most prominent string instrument. And I
>don't remember many percussive guitar sounds on LOTC. What do the
>guitarists here think?

The list reads to me like a popularity contest rather than a listing of, as
it is billed, "the best guitar players of the last Millennium."  Looking at
the top 25, I'm not sure that BB King is a 'better' guitar player than Pat
Metheny - or that Keith Richard and Pete Townshend are better than Charlie
Christian.  Not taking anything away from anybody's talent, but I just
don't think the list is what it claims to be.

Just my humble opinion.  :-)
Les

NP: Mike Marshall "Gostosinho"