Elvis Costello, one of my favs, picks Joni's
lyrics as #1 in a USA weekend article.

Issue Date: March 24, 2002

Elvis Costello picks the song lyrics that inspire him

1. "Dressed in stolen clothes she stands, cast iron and frail
With her impossibly gentle hands and blood-red fingernails"
Shades Of Scarlet Conquering, Joni Mitchell
-- The precision of a novelist and the eye of a painter create this portrait
of an overwrought and needy woman. There is also a beautiful reference to
"magnolias hopeful in her auburn hair."

These are some of my favorites too!  Now I know why I always loved Elvis.

Peace,

Suze