Fred said

>>Where you will hear the major/minor shift in "Michael From Mountains"
is on
these lines:
(starts major) "Michael wakes you up with sweets, he takes you up (shift
minor) streets and the rain comes (return to major) down."<<

Pardon my ignorance but would a major/minor shift be 'down' and a
minor/major shift 'up' or is it unhelpful or incorrect to think of these
changes in terms of higher/lower? If they WERE up and down respectively,
we would then have a 'downshift' on the word 'up' and an 'upshift' on the
word 'down'. Perhaps Joni's playing games again.

Thanks Fred (I think it was you) for mentioning Norah Jones. What an
album! I also agree with what you say about Pat Metheny, Jaco et al and
all the magic music that came out of those days and those collaborations.

mike in bcn

NP A Remark You Made  Weather Report.