[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote

Does anyone know Van Gogh's birthday?  I'm crawling with reference books of
all kinds, even have one art book devoted exclusively to his portraiture,
but all I can find is a *year*; I want to know the *day*;

Sharon Buffington wrote:

<March 30, 1853 if my mind serves me correctly.  Too lazy to check...but
My Dad's is March 31...and so that is why I remember it.

And now me. . .
Yeah, I am pretty sure that it is March 30th.  He died at age 37, I think. .
.  He did most of his painting in the last 10 years of his life when he
lived in Arles France.

He died from a self inflicted gun shot to the chest.  He did not die
suddenly.  In fact, it took him about a day and a half.  He concealed the
wound.
Apparently, he didn't want anyone to know what he had done.