One of my internet buddies on the Olympus camera
collector's list recently moved to
Florida (USA).  He's posting weekly about the new
sights in the southeastern
corner of the USA, only miles from the Keys and
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Yesterday, he wrote a post called "What A Sight":
===
"I was driving down the road today, headed roughly
east.
On the horizon I see what looks like flames.
They start rising in the distance.
It's about 4:45 PM Eastern time.

Oh yes, the shuttle.

As I drove along I watched the shuttle climb higher
and higher, shooting
tongues of flame until it passed out of view.

What a sight."
===
He's describing a launch today of the "Space Shuttle
Atlantis", an American
space craft, commanded by a Russian.  Yury Onufrienko
will rendezvous with
and provide building blocks for the International
Space Station.  The
government types at NASA call this mission "STS-110",
but I want to dedicate
this flight in more personal manner.  This flight is
hereby dedicated, by
all the power vested in me as a Student of humanity,
to all people who's
lives are disrupted today by violence.

Let this flight serve as  a beacon to Jews (hi Uncle
Norm), Palestinians (hi
Arshad), Protestants (hi Lom), Catholics (hey
Dunning), Hindus (hey Sari),
atheists (Belle) and Hari Krishnas (kudos, Beatle
George) everywhere.  Let's
do something positive together.

It doesn't have to be a science project, but really,
consult your Greatest
Wisdom and look at your neighbors.  Get behind
something *positive* and do
it well.  Let's light up the sky with science and
beauty.

Lama,
channeling for Pollyanna yet I couldn't be more
serious.
http://taxes.yahoo.com/