My buddy Scott Price wrote:

>During that magical night at the Gorge Amphitheater in 1998 Joni and the
>band transformed what to me had previously been a blase examination of
>contemporary society into a truly apocalyptic vision...Blade's drumming
>rolled through the
>song with crescendo after crescendo and created a feeling of turmoil,
>which is, I believe, the song's intent...to examine modern perils.

Right on, Scott! Sex Kills and Slouching Towards Bethlehem were the
concert highlights for me. I *knew* Amelia would be brilliant, but
those two came out of left field and knocked me flat.
Steve Dulson        Costa Mesa CA       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The Tinker's Own"                      http://www.tinkersown.com
"The Living Tradition Concert Series"   http://www.thelivingtradition.org/