From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
michael o'malley
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 9:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Later Day Joni

Fred said ``Musically speaking, Joni's note choices are just not as inspired
or
interesting as they once were, to my ears, and they haven't been for a long
time. I feel that her
first eight studio albums exhibited a melodic/harmonic gift rarely matched
by anyone, ever.... ``

Certainly not a heretic Fred, but your comments got me thinking about Joni's
highs and post Heijira lows, and just to reassure myself, I came up with the
following list of later day, great Joni songs I *absolutely* love, as much
as
any of her earlier work. While I concede that the excercise is entirely
subjective, may I suggest:

Jericho
Tax Free
Three Great Stimulants
Good Friends
The Beat of Black Wings
Night Ride Home
Passion Play
Cherokee Louise
Magdelene Launderies
Slouching Towards Bethlehem
Two Grey Rooms
The Sire of Sorrow

Think of a world without these songs ; I rest my case!

Michaelo

NP: Shirley Eikhard - Going Home