-----Original Message-----
From: Mark or Travis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Subject: Yes, guitars & Joni

Willie also asked me why I think so many people who like Joni also seem to
dig Yes.  Anyone care to speculate?

Mark E in Seattle

Yes was the band I listened to, to the exclusion (mostly for economic
reasons) of all others before Joni. I used to think Steve Howe's guitar
playing was transcendental. I can remember saving to buy the triple record
'Yessongs' and listening to some of Steve's solos thinking 'no finer music
could ever be made'........er, yes, well.

In fairness, I still enjoy Yes' music when I take time to listen to it. And
perhaps again its heretical (or just my humble opinion) but I think that
Yes' finest hour was Relayer and particularly Gates of Delirium.

When 'Going for the Bum'...I mean 'One' came out, gads, I thought it was
dire.

Les (London)