Y'all put me in the mood for some Yes. I pulled out my old 12 inch CTTE and
Relayer. So interesting. Then I put on Paprika Plains and wow! The
sensibilities! These guys, I include Joni, were not afraid to explore.
There's an understated granduer to Joni's music; a granduer which is very
evident in Yes. Led Zeppelin too. What was it Jimmy Page said about Joni,
circa '72? Going to California. Explorers who take us with them. If you
compare the lyrics of DJRD to the poem on the inner sleeve of Relayer, seems
there's a similarity.

Snakes are coiled upon the granite ...

There's definitely some kinda connection between Joni and Yes. Damned if I
can put my finger on it.

WtS