Just bought a little book - 2nd-hand - of mondegreens to have a good giggle
on the flight back to Holland tonight. For those who don't know the word:
mondegreen are song lines that you always believed were different from what
they actually were.

Some gems:
Percy Sledge: When a man loves a walnut  (title of the book)
Allman Brothers: Lord, I was born an M&M
Jimi Hendrix: 'Scuse me when I kiss this guy

As far as Joni goes ... Claudia told me that - in her German years - she
always thought that Joni sang: "I was raised on rubber beans."

Any more Joni mondegreens? I remember we had this thread in the early days
of the list, but there are so many new faces around now.

John aka the Dutch Uncle
(sending this from Claud's computer, so I won't be able to read any answers
sent off list via the reply button; my off-list e-mail address in the
Netherlands is [EMAIL PROTECTED])