Hello all almost done with another house, a new 65' x 27' bungalow.While I design I
listen to music non stop, its my muse.
So I picked out Norah Jones at Target and brought it back to my office. After all
Brian is behind her on most of the songs. After "Don't Know Why" the track that is
playing on Kink Fm I start to notice a certain whisper in her voice this is mildly
distracting. After all 14 tracks were done I played it again to trying to figure out
where her music was coming from, the bluesy pop sound is rather simple to shake my
foot to but my heart had nothing to hold on to except her pretty brown eyes on the cd
cover. So to compare her voice I listened next to Madeleine Peyroux / Dreamland Cd Her
Lady Day voice is tight and pure no whisper, the fantasic Cyrus Chesnut backs her up
on "Reckless Blues" by Bessie Smith. Sure Norah Plays ok piano but imagine Ray Charles
behind her on "Cold Cold Heart" or the "Nearness of You". Next for a spin is Holly
Cole, Blame it on my youth CD  Holly has a whisper in her voice but knows how to use
it differently on each song plus she has the ability to rein!
vent and reenergize songs like "I'll be Seeing You" and "Honey Suckle Rose".
The producer for Norah, Arif Mardin could be assigned the credit for creating a
collection of songs sounding a little too mellow. Maybe Greg Cohen the producer for
Holly and Madeliene's CD would have brought out the Eartha Kitt that resides closer to
her heart which is apparent in
track 7 "You Turn Me On".
In a previous list there was some poetry about roses
as a "rosamane" I can only add that Hybrid Tea roses are the working girls of my
garden you have to really pay up front ( with the fertilizer ) before you bring the
blooms in to your bedroom. How bad am I a Rosamane, well last year my mission was to
breed a yellow and pink edged climbing rose by crossing Eden with Lawrence Johnston at
this point I have some germinating rose seeds giving me some hope.
NP: Norah Jones  Nightingale
Good night Folks
Brian

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup