Even out here in Colorado we can glean the occasional interesting Joni
quote.  From the Denver Post in October of 1995, regarding a local book
auction:

---
Singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell, for instance, sent in a copy of Rudyard
Kipling's "Kim," noting that it had been read aloud to her by "the only
great teacher" she ever had in school.

"He loved this book and I do too," she wrote. "It instilled in me, at any
early age, a thirst for adventure. It made me a better observer. It is
spiritual and street wise. It changed my life. And it made a writer and a
risk taker out of me."

http://www.jmdl.com/articles/docs/951009dp.cfm
---

Mr. Kratzman, perhaps?