give me a D, give me an E, give me a D, what's that spell...three cheers for
DED !  i'm a fan, matter of fact my first post on the list was in it's
defense. ( i was told it was quite bold for a first post.) i had been lurking
for a short while when several listers made some disparaging remarks about a
perfectly wonderful CD , naturally i had to stick up for joan ! i put down "
shiny toys " as a latter day gem in a recent post  responding to a post about
the merits, or lack thereof , of latter day joni. i'm a big NRH fan too ! ( i
mentioned several of the songs on said list of latter day gems.) i agree with
bree, " passion play " is right up there with other joni masterpieces . i
fell in love with " ray's dad's cadillac " immediately upon hearing it. the
song literally tapped into my teenage experience. we use to get stoned and
lie at the end of our local airport runway, we could "...see the bolts...see
the tire treads." we also seemed to live in cars,  or wooded areas,  for lack
of anywhere else to get high. ( i am also a fan of brenda russell who helps
joni with the vocals !)  NRH is song after song of marvelous music, i think
it was in the middle of a marvelous creative arch for joni which started with
CMIARS and ended with TI . just my humble opinion...

loving all things joni,
warren keith

p.s. by the way, did anyone else on the " joni-only " digest not receive #
128 ?