[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On another thread, my wife Barbara, my daughter Leah and I are leaving for
> Paris Friday for 10 days. My first time ever to Europe. Thank goodness Leah
> is semi-fluent in French (she will be working in France at the Pasteur
> Institute next year on a Fulbright). It will make up for my recently acquired
> pigeon French - Barbara will have to get by on her pretty face and the good
> graces of the French who speak better English than we do French. No doubt I
> will soon be 'sitting in a park in Paris, France - reading the news - it sure
> looks bad. They won't give peace a chance. That was just a dream some of us
> had". But then, at night, it will be lit up - more than 'Paris like'.

I'm going to pass on responding to your many wise comments about
abortion and go directly to wishing you bon voyage! Have a wonderful
time in the most beautiful city in the world, among the arrogant and
sophisticated and full of joie de vivre Parisians (although men in suits
bare-handedly carrying bread home for dinner modified both the arrogance
and sophistication somewhat). It was a pleasure hearing them speak their
beautiful language. I met people who liked Americans and some who
didn't, and had a wonderful time when I was there many years ago. Plus,
they take very good care of their art. Enjoy!

Debra Shea