Its really funny but when I watched the recent Oscars, there was this
segment where a conductor (John Williams? Hans Zimmer? I forgot) saluted
the musical scores of famous films. It was really a very very short medley
of main themes, but believe me, when the TITANIC segment was played with
Kate Winslet spreading her arms like wings behind Leo di Caprio while Hans
Zimmer's "My Heart Will Go On" theme was played, I had this sudden surge
of . . . what do you call it, nostalgic thrill? "saudade"? Something
approximating that. And I used to hate that song so much. Now I understood
that probably one key factor why I disliked the song so much was because
radios never tire of playing it, and it can get into one's head and stay
there.

Funnier still, I had new respect for Celine Dion. Maybe I should purchase
my first C. Dion album. Heard from friends that her latest album was more
sombre, more laid-back, boring, dirge-like. Hmmm, I am curious. Any JMDL
review?

Joseph
(half-French but can do a Charles Boyer)