Hi, gang, I'll try to read the digests real soon, and jump into some
joni-related conversations, but i have a quick question :

If one has a car in good condition -- BUT WHICH HAS NOT BEEN SMOG CHECKED
(this is in California), can one sell it anywhere on the net/web?  Several
people have told my main squeeze, Robert, that he *can't* sell the car
without doing the smog check but we are desparately broke, and just want to
liquidate the car, which is a '81 Buick Lesabre, cream/off-white on the
outside, interior steel blue, near-perfect condition, new batterry -- it runs
smoothly -- but it hasn't been smog checked in over five years -- it's been
in storage.  It's huge, but as i say, in near-perfect condition:  R's mom
bought in new in '81 and in all that time (actually, all of it in the first
fifteen years, since it hasn't been run since until now), drove it 51,000
miles.  We've been told it's work appx $2500 -- $2000, but we'll take $1000
for it under the table "as is".

Any advice and or offer is greatly appreciated.  Write to me off-line so as
not to bore the others.

Thanks, guys.  I just found out today that i may have toxoplasmosis in my
brain, which would explain my walking like a drunk and not being able to
think of words all the time -- or there may be a brain tumor.  I should know
soon.  I'm more annoyed than terrified -- I've got too much crap going on to
be terrified. :-)

I'll be back in the joni swing of things soon.

Thanks and hugs to you all,

Walt