> It seems to me that discussion of the events of 9/11 has many tendrils,
and
> I don't think anyone on this earth has all the answers, or even half the
> answers yet, including Joni.  I'm sure with more time and reflection, Joni
> will have more to say about it.
>
> Kakki

I've thought alot lately about the song I wrote "Parsonage Lane" and its
relation to 9/11 and its been somewhat haunting and mystifying.  My flight
recently to and from New York was fairly uneventful and for the most part,
pretty unmemorable, but the flight I took back from Boston last September
was so beautiful, the clouds were unusually brilliant, and it will always
be stuck in my mind as one of the richest moments I have ever experienced.
I literally finished writing this song on September 10 and posted it that
night.  It occurred to me recently that it was probably the last song ever
written about flying before the events of the next day.  It has a complete
innocence to it, in such stark contrast to the wanton terror and
destruction that ensued.  I don't think it could have been written
afterwards.  Maybe there was some greater power at work.  Anyway, here are
the lyrics again.  Maybe it will be somewhat fitting to play at jonifest
2002 as we won't actually be in Topsfield this year.

Parsonage Lane
) 2001 Victor Johnson
e b f# e g# b  capo 2

Flying out of Boston,