Denny Giovanetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote:

>"Timothy Spong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  The term is "foreword," and the word itself usually appears, like a
>title, >on any given book's foreword.

>The term is "epigraph," generally a quotation (also applies to building
>inscriptions, etc.)
>
>Denny

  Denny is, of course, correct. A given book may have both an epigraph and a
foreword, and I did not read the original post carefully enough to realize
that the former, not the latter, was referred to.

  Also,  "Kakki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Janine wrote:
>
> > I, too, have always felt Electricity was about my beloved JT  who had to
>have
> > torn her heart out, of course, I have to blame it on that darn Cold Blue
>Steel
> > and Sweet Fire.  I have also wondered if this song was not in response
> > Carly's frustrations with JT? She obviously still wants a connection to
>him
> > despite the Minus's current lovelessness.
>
>My next door neighbor in the college dorm was as much into Carly as I was
>into Joni and would talk to me about the JT connection.  She's the one that
>alerted me to Carly's song "No Secrets" and said it there was a put down to
>Joni in it. I've posted the lyrics below.  If true, I thought maybe Joni
>would see the song as sort of a gloat and thought Electricity was her
>rejoinder.  Both albums were released in November 1972.  Speaking of Robbie
>Cavolina, he once told me that Carly and Joni have long been very good
>friends, so bygones are bygones. ;-)    Kakki

... and then, appended the lyrics to (We Have) No Secrets, by Carly Simon.
Kakki's analysis of its lyrics is probably correct. I think No Secrets is my
favorite of all the Carly Simon songs I have heard so far, in terms of the
melody and arrangement.

  Tim Spong
  Dover, Del., U.S.A.