I have just found out today that in April 2002 a German Joni jazz tribute CD was
released. The CD is titled "Places To Come From, Places to Go", and it's by The Steve
Klink Trio. Of the 15 (!) tracks on the CD, 10 are instrumentals, and 5 feature
Steve's new wife Mia on vocals. Mia herself is not new to the Joni cover world, having
done "Dry Cleaner" & "Little Green" on previous solo CD's. I've been in conversation
with Steve, and he's sending me copies of Mia's solo stuff as well as the new tribute
disc. Get a load of what's here:

1. Ray's Dad's cadillac
2. That song about the midway
3. Cotton Avenue
4. Big yellow taxi
5. A case of you
6. Night ride home
7. Blue motel room
8. You turn me on I'm a radio
 9. Night in the city
10. Both sides, now
11. Woman of heart and mind
12. Sweet bird
13. Cactus tree
14. California
15. The gallery

Can you BELIEVE that line-up?!? Several of these have NEVER been covered before, and
some others like WOHAM & California only have 1 to their credit, so I'm chompin' at
the bit to hear these!

The cd is currently available at amazon.de:

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000636EQ/ref=ase_rondo/028-0379244-4107732

I'm going to look into seeing if I can get a "group rate" for those of us in the US
who want a copy and get Steve to ship me a boxload to distribute to those who are
interested. NONE of these tracks ( except the Mia solo stuff) will be included in the
covers project. I'll spill the details as I work them out with Steve.

Can't wait!

Bob

NP: Kelly Joe Phelps, "Long haired donay"