An online news article by Louise Branson entitled "Bush can give a hand up to
Putin," begins with the following two paragraphs:

"Remember those lines from Joni Mitchell's 1970s song, *Blue Motel Room*:
''You and me, we're like America and Russia, we're always keeping score,
we're always balancing the power, and that can get to be a cold, cold war'?

The lyrics definitely need updating. As President Bush heads today for a
summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin, he should take the lead in
shaping them. Not that the leaders need to ''hold ourselves a peace talk in
some neutral cafe.'' They're already comfortable on each other's territory.
Putin visited Bush's Texas ranch in November. He will now show Bush around
Moscow and his native St. Petersburg."

You can read the entire article at:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usatoday/20020523/cm_usatoday/4

134748