I just love that tune.  I've never heard of Ellen McIlwaine.  Anne, which
album is that on?  I would like to order one of her cd's and check it out.
donna

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 8:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JMDLLEZ] not an answer - just another question

I just went back and listened to Ellen McIlwaine's
version of Ode to Billy Joe. If you have any doubts
about this song, THIS is the version to listen to. It
's like she took all the sweetener out of the Bobbie
Gentry version and injected a shot of whiskey. Great,
great version - and it doesn't leave you wondering what
they dropped off the bridge so much as just makes you
feel the desperation of the girl who sings the song.

lots of love
Anne