Hi,
Personally I think if Joni does sing flat, she does it on purpose.  I remember taking
singing lessons and  was practicing a Joni song and my singing teacher said Joni sings
certain notes to create a certain sound or feel, I on the other hand am just singing
flat.  I have never heard a flat note come out of her mouth unless it was just in
conversation....*she said flatly*
Cat

David Marine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi List --
>
>Joni flat? I don't think so. Joni's pitch bending is at times even
>miraclulous. If she is flat, I guess so was Sarah Vaughn......and Betty
>Carter was just plain tone deaf.
>
>David
>

>always >> Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:23:45 +0100
>>> From: Gordon Mackie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> Subject: The pancake place
>>>
>>> Dear All
>>>
>>> S'much as I love her, Joni often sings off key and can be, as the
>>> saying goes 'as flat as a pancake'...it doesn't bother me that much
>>> though. The obvious one is in Down to You when she sings 'and your
>>> lonliness'...and it trails off as if she's fallen asleep. But