on 15 Jul 2002 16:37:06 -0700 Brenda wrote:

>I think Aimee's situation was quite different [from Wilco's].  Imago >went
>out of business and wouldn't let her put the record out once she >signed
>with >Reprise. And her subsequent releases on Geffen lost >money.  No one
> >wanted to sign her.

Just as my own two cents, I'd say it was Geffen's fault that I'm With Stupid
failed to sell.  Unless you were a die hard fan or a genuine music whore,
you'd have been hard pressed to know it was out.  They put "That's Just What
You Are" out on the Melrose Place CD and then didn't release IWS in a timely
fashion.

It's always struck me as odd that Aimme got such a raw deal with Imago's
folding.  They tried to charge her twice for "Whatever" and then refused to
let her record.  With Paula Cole they ended up handing her off to Warner and
she got the full promotional push!

Thank goodness she finally gets to make her own decisions...and good for
Wilco.  At least the company did the honorable thing and let them go without
much fuss.  Long may they run...