Victor Johnson wrote:

> Funny you mention Amelia...I played it last night at an open mic and it was
> an unreal experience...I can't think of any other song that comes close to
> it...it seems to really cross the line and become more than just a song, a
> transcending experience reaching into the very heart of life itself...the
> lyrics especially...
>
> We were talking about it today and agreed that it is one of the best songs
> ever written.  Synchronicity...

When Victor and Holly visited me 2 weeks ago Victor treated me with songs of
his and Joni's. He sang Amelia for me as a preview for Jonifest. He performs
it as well as it is written. Most of us believe this song represents Joni's
song writing at its zenith. You Jonifest attendees are in for a real treat.

Jerry

np: Judy Collins - Barbara Allen