Hi Gang
I have been really busy trying to get everything in order before JoniFest
which includes the final two songs (For Volumes 1 and 2) being mixed from
the now infamous JoniFest2000. I will be bringing a demo of the double CD to
have as listening music during dinner or whenever there is time for a
listening party. I have solved the legal and financial issues which have
been delaying this release (I won't bore you with the details). The actual
product could ship as early as the second week of Sept. I am currently in
negotiations for a distribution deal that would make it available more than
I could on my own. This has been a long and amazing journey for me and one
that has cost next to nothing to produce and no one was paid for any of the
work done in it's production. All monies will go to the Ruth Paz Foundation
to build a burn unit in Honduras as well as a portion being donated to the
best damn websites in the world as a further tribute to Joni and her two
wonderful Web guys and of course  to Wally Breese. All royalities are being
prepaid so that Joni herself will benefit from this wonderful tribute. The
artwork will be on display at JoniFest and I hope to be able to have a sign
up sheet there for all who are interested. The actual press release is
forthcoming.
In other news, we are putting the finishing mixes on Jack Neilson's debut
album. We had an amazing assortment of musicians participate in the tracking
process including:

Dave Easely-Pedal Steel (Brian Blade Fellowship)

Beth Patterson-Bouzouki, Mandola, Mandolin, Dulcimer, Oboe, Vocals,
Percussion (Hybrid Vigor Take Some Fire---check out her solo releases)

David Torkanowsky-Piano and Keys (Astral Project, Boney James, Dianne
Reeves) check out this article
http://www.offbeat.com/oboctober2001/feature.html

Johnny Vidocovich-Drums and Percussion (Astral Project, Many others)

Jay Dronge-Bass (Tooooo many bands New Orleans bands to mention)

For those of you who have heard the songs in demo format you already know,
but this record is amazing. For those of you going to JoniFest 2002 you will
be able to hear the man live and play along. We tried to get the album out
before JoniFest but it was just not possible. It IS worth the wait!

Finally, my pal Lisa Haley of the Zydecats Lisa Haley (introduced to me by
my dear friend and fellow music junkie, Kakki {Thank You so much}) was in
town this week for a Ryko Disc convention. She was recently signed by them
and her new album Talking To The Sun due in stores (which I HIGHLY
reccommend) on Sept. 3, was co-produced by my pal Keb Mo. Check her out at
www.bluefiddle.com . I helped her out with some things while we were in town
and on her final night here she and her manager asked me to go out to dinner
with them and catch some music on the side. When we arrived at the Ryko
dinner at Bacco Restaurant. I see this grey haired guy with glasses pointing
at me and smiling. Being somewhat blind I had to get much closer to see who
it was. When I did I realized it was none other than Pat, Jonatha Brooke's
manager. I then asked where Jonatha was and up she popped from behind some
record execs. to give me a great hug and kiss. They decided to come hang out
with some of these people and have dinner in New Orleans (I wish I could
just pop in to towns for just dinner and a hang, but I digress). Anyways
Jonatha told me that she is gonna tie the knot with Pat on Sept. 4th and
LOOK OUT NYC!!!!! they are moving to the big apple. They sold the house in
Malibu and are headed east (why couldn't it be New Orleans, but I digressing
even further). They feel the jump to the east coast will be better for her
and I have to agree. After dinner we went down the street and hung out
listening to some great music (which I can't rememeber all the artists names
cause I was too busy swooning). It was a glorious night and I had such a
ball hanging with the girls and of course Jack who showed up late and caught
Jonatha in the hallway.

I am so looking forward to the upcoming festivities and look forward to
visiting NYC for an evening of dinner and cocktails and hopefully some music
(hey I can pop into town for dinner and stuff). Hope all are well!

My best to you all,

Paz