Hey Arthur and Bob,
I have a rough video of the Wembley show on April 24,
1983.  Would you like to see it?  <Hint: Say, "HELL
YES!">

It's really a great coincidence that this concert came
up in conversation because I've been quietly planning
to bring it along to JoniFest and spring it on
everyone.

In my opinion it is the crown jewel in Wally Breese's
video collection.  About a year ago, Megan Allen asked
me to make safety copies of the dubs that Wally made
for her.  There were about 8 videos most of which
Barbara Burst and Ashara have already treed for us.
After I sent the safety copies to Megan, I forwarded
Megan's originals for consideration for future trees.
The Wembly show is the one when she said, "We're glad
to be here.  How's everbody doin?"  Just a few people
cheer.  Teasing, she goes, "Alright?  Is that all?
Just alright?"  Much bigger cheer.  Joni: "Yeah!
Alright!  That's about how glad WE are too!"

The Wembly date is grainy as all get out, and
everything that Wally dubbed for Megan is in mono BUT,
as you said, it was a great show.  She did stuff from
"Wild Things Run Fast" which, for me, is an essential
Joni title.  She sat at the piano, with a full band,
and did "Chinese Cafe"!!  For me, that's a good as
this little singer-songwriter game gets.

Lamadoo

ps, the video I have is "only" about 50 minutes.  Does
someone else have a longer, or stereo, or
superior-quality video of Wembley on 24th April, 1983?

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> **Just new to the list. Hope I'm not treading on
> peoples toes.**
>
> Greetings, Arthur! No, you're not treading on any
> toes at all, that FM
> broadcast from Wembley '83 was transferred to CD a
> while back and traded
> around. It's good stuff...I like the '83 tour
> recordings a lot but I think
> I'm in the minority. That tape of course is just a
> portion of the concert,
> which ran close to 2 hours. Joni always gives a good
> show in London.
> Bob
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com