I have also been listening to "Paprika Plains" ALOT lately...actually just
today I was saying to my hsband that I thought it was a "true work of art".
Not many recording artists could pull off a work of this nature. I love
everything about it!!! Is it true this was the song that inspired Mingus to
ask Joni to work with him?? I thought someone here said that a little while
ago. It has pulled out in front as my "favorite" Joni tune right now, I get
so lost in it. She ceases to amaze me. What else can I say.....those who
have the ears to hear will receive wonderous gifts...that's how I feel about
Joni in general.
I am happy to know other people find this song as special as I do.

-Erica

NP: Steely Dan, Doctor Wu

PS.....man I am sad to not be at the fest