Just wanted to mention a couple of other Fest-related things:

I don't think anyone's mentioned the Howling Wolf recordings that Paz
brought...OMG!!! Took me right back to that memorable night. Kakki, I thought
of our open-mouthed expressions with every track! LOL! I tried to smuggle the
recording out of the Full Moon, but Paz put a Honduras/Cajun sleeper hold on
me and I was toast. But he promises a September release, possibly on
Rykodisc. Thanks for bringing that Michael, I'm salivating for the real
deal...those Brian Stoltz solos in Hejira!!!

Also, I wanted to publicly express my appreciation to Catherine & Sharon for
transporting me from Albany to the Full Moon. We had a great road trip once
we got pointed in the right direction and realized that Sharon DIDN'T lose
her wallet! ;~)

And as much as I hated to go, it was nice to ride in style in Ed & Jimmy's
rented Land Yacht, and seated between Hell & Kerry to boot. I know Ed wanted
a lowrider Jimmy, but he did look mighty righteous behind the wheel of that
bulgemobile!

As for my performance Saturday night...talk about pressure!! Look at the
lineup that came on BEFORE me:

Patti Witten
Sue Mac
Sherelle Smith
Claudia SanSoucie
Henning & Christina
Marian Russell
Bryan Thomas
Nikki Johnson (& those luscious Nikkettes!)
Michael Paz
Me (Gulp!)

Well, you've heard about all these cats already from everyone, but the
recordings will bear it out...this was some ELECTRIFYING stuff. Like I said
in N'awlins, the things I have to follow...anyway, thanks to the stellar
musicians supporting me (Marian & Chris on the Joni stuff & the heavyweight
champion on the world Roberto on my Waits song "Christmas Card From A Hooker
In Minneapolis") I made it through. BTW, which 6 Waits CD's Roberto? Also
major props to John on sound who stayed late so I could go on, and his gal
Lisa who cheered me on during rehearsal which helped a lot!

Walt Breen - It was so great to finally meet you, all 8' of you! Your set was
courageous and inspiring - I enjoyed it immensely.

Kay Ashley turned in a blockbuster of a set...WOW, the place just froze over
as she took over. The most in-your-face version of Black Crow I'ver had the
pleasure to hear.

Donna, your take on Tracy Chapman's "Baby Can I hold You Tonight" brought the
tears running down. So much longing and feeling behind that vocal. Thanks too
for the extra '83 coda in "For Free" - glad I could help you work that out.
Thanks too for the outstretched arms that hugged me every time I walked by!

Susan, there's no doubt you're a Windy City gal...you oughta be on Halstead
Street right now! I thought you were astounding, can't believe you chickened
out last year!

Julius, it was important for me to hang with you this year...you don't know
how much it meant to hear your words. Thanks for the porch-sing. Next year
let's take on some Sam Cooke, how 'bout it?

Michael O'Malley, it was great to meet you and especially to see your smiling
singing face as part of the acapella group.

Alison you NASTY baby! I loved your set, even if you didn't believe me...the
first Ryan Adams stuff we've had on stage I believe. But look OUT next time
so I can get snagged in the tractor beam of those pale blues!

I could go on & on...You guys totally rule. Ashara & Les, thanks for the
vision & the hard work that has gone into something that is literally
changing people's lives. The planet is better because you inhabit it.

When do we start sign-ups for 2003? ;~)

Bob

NP: Ian Shaw, "This Flight Tonight"