Here is a portion of a guy describing a concert he attended.  Joni and Neil
Young play...
This is a portion of his original message.. (the rest is NJC)

-------------------------------------
Subject: August 11, 1973

  Then Joni played.  I remember vividly that she didn't use a guitar pick.
| She had these very long nails and used them instead.  It was wonderful.
|
| After Joni finished her set it was time for Neil.  Joni wanted to watch,
of course.  People near me were screaming "Get Joni a seat, get her a
seat!".  I had been so fortunate to get mine.  I wasn't giving it up for
anyone, not even Joni.  But someone
| next to me did.  So Joni Mitchell and I sat next to each other and watched
Neil perform that night.  She actually talked to me!

| She said, "Are you drunk or stoned?"  I replied (the incredibly suave
person that I have always been) "Uh, a little of both."  That seemed to
satisfy her and we watched Neil perform together.  That's my Joni Mitchell
story!