In a message dated 07/09/2002 15:25:00 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< Another GREAT film I saw this week..."The Good Girl" written and directed
by the same folks who did the disturbing "Chuck & Buck". Jennifer Aniston
puts herself on the map, great writing and performances, and certainly worthy
of discussion. >>

Sounds good, Bob.  Chuck & Buck was a very enjoyable and underrated film; and
it's about time someone else from Friends did something really good.  They
all seem to have coasted rather, except for the excellent Lisa Kudrow.

Still on films, and as musical interludes in films were the subject earlier,
I thought I must throw in a beautiful little scene in Talk To Her (Habla Con
Ella), Pedro Almodovar's new film.  Two of the characters, who are in the
early flushes of a love affair, are in an outdoor cafe, and then we get a
song from someone.  It sounded like an old folk song, and the singer's voice
was exquisite.  It reminded me of Caetano Veloso; then the camera closes in
in the singer's face, and it IS Caetano Veloso!  The people in the film are
truly moved, and for once in a film, the tears aren't cheaply bought - we the
listeners are equally moved (even though I didn't understand the song).

TTFN,

Azeem in London
NP: still India's first innings - it'll be another day or so yet!