>  > <<What song would you want covered and who would you want to cover it?>>

True to form I am in the middle of an obsession (who better to share it with?)

My dream today is to hear Todd Rundgren do a multilevel over the top
production of Judgement of the Moon and the Stars with angelic
choruses.

My wise younger brother sent me a compilation of Todd about two
months ago that I have not been able to stop listening to.  I was a
Todd freak in the early 70s when I used to trip and listen to A
Wizard A True Star (Never Never Land-Talking about Great Covers), but
now that I'm old (ahem) I thought I had grown out of this phase.  But
this compilation reminded me that he is, in essence, Brian Wilson's
Frankenstein Monster, and also some kind of weird synthesized
preacher.

I defy you to listen to Just One Victory without being transported.
(don't egg me on, please.)

Anyway, I'm starting to play my own version of A Dream Lives On
Forever for some future time when I complete my own recordings of
Dreamy Covers.

Also, if Joni was going to do a Todd cover I would like her to try
Can We Still Be Friends?  Listen to the interlude on Todd's recording
and think of The Reoccurring Dream.  His vocal overlays are
phenomenal.

<end of tirade>  seeya, suemc

--

"Heart and humor and humility
    will lighten up your heavy load ... " - Joni Mitchell