Blair,
   I like Jackson Brown, but yes some of his stuff seems hollow.  The one
song
that I LOVE is on his "Saturate Before Using" CD.  It's called 'Song For
Adam'.
If you have never heard it, give it a try. It is one of his more real songs.
                                 Kasey

 NOt that he is talented. "For Everyman" "Late
for the Sky", "The Pretender", "Running on Empty" were really good records
and he still writes good songs (i had purchased his last album, Looking
East, when it first came out and liked 3 or 4 of the songs) yet, there is
something about him that is just sort of 'Melba-Toasty' sort of cardboard
like. I can't put my ear on it.
             Hope eveyone is having a good friday

      Blair
NP; Running On Empty-Mr. Browne