I've often wondered if Joni wrote "Sire of Sorrow-Job's Sad Song" for Judy
Collins. I've listened to the lyrics and tried to understand why the song
was so dark. It couldn't be just the loss of a loved one, because we all
have to go sometime. A suicide possibly? I lost a loved one to suicide, and
I can tell you it is absolutely tormenting, but the lyrics in this song take
the torment even further than that. I came to the conclusion that the
character in the song must have lost a "child" to suicide. This would be the
ultimate tragedy in my opinion.

Mia