Well, yes the Mashed Potato (Little Eva, Carole King) was
and ACTUAL dance. I rememember this around 7th grade so that's
1962 or so? The dance involved a side to side motion on the
balls of the feet (as if mashing a potato with your toes.)
Great image, huh? Not as sexy as, say, the tango!

EVOO is 'extra virgin olive oil' on pretentious menus...

The 'This is dedicated' I remember was a few years earlier
than the Mommas and Poppas....the Shirelles! This was only
a #89 song in 1959, but it was still a staple three years
later as a quintessential hug-your-baby song.

Another  slowdance song that I've recalled since
my post is 'Since I fell for You' ... Lenny Welch

Kakki, we are certainly dating ourselves!

Chucke