Sybil said:
>I agree Harold and Maude has a fabulous soundtrack - strangely enough
>however, no official recording was ever released in the U.S.  The one that
>was released, in Japan I think, didn't have all the songs.  Seems like a
>pile of money got left on the table by someone.  I know I would have bought
>it just to hear Ruth Gordon sing.

i wasn't thinking of 'soundtracks' as being copies of the recordings, if
you know what i mean.
i just was thinking what movies have the best music/soundtracks.... and H &
M is the best in my book!!
although the songs were never compiled into a single recording, all of the
songs are available
on various cds.
mona bone jakon has a few of them.
and the ones that aren't available on other regular cat stevens' albums are
all on his "greatest hits 2".
none of them have ruth gordon singing, though.
(and i don't particularly mind that, myself!!)

-yael