Kasey said: As for Bush eluding to finishing what his
father started, could you please
direct me to where you read/saw/or heard this.  I would
be interested in that type of
comment.

I can't point to one specific source, but many. There
was a clip of the current president saying about Saddam
Hussein, "After all, this is the man that tried to kill
my father." The video was shot at a speech this past
Wednesday and was played on every news outlet, from NPR
to all the major networks. I'm surprised you missed it.
Oh, and I assume you meant "alluding," not "eluding."

Bree said, I don't know if Saddam has the capabilities
NOW to do major harm to us?
The big question is do we have time to wait and find
out?

That question is covered by the U.S. War Powers Act and
by Article 52 (I hope I remember the number correctly)
of the U.N. Resolutions. The answer is, yes, we do have
to wait if we are to respect the letter and spirit of
both these bodies of law.

It is ironic to me that the Bush administration is
proposing to act outside national and international
law. This is precisely what it says it wants to prevent
Iraq from doing. That kind of circular logic doesn't
make sense to me.

Thank you to Jenny Goodspeed for the information you
shared. I'd appreciate information on how Russia's oil
interestes are influencing the U.S. stance on Iraq.
It's still not clear to me.

lots of love
Anne