**Gee, I've always put Number One on my Worst list.  What do you like about
it?  I'm not baiting you, I'm genuinely interested.**

I'm pretty much with Dave...I would put Beat of BW as the best track on
CMIAR, with #1 not far behind. I know your question was for Dave, and he can
certainly respond as well. I like what the song says lyrically, even though
it's not up to Joni's literate standard.

"Oh there must be more to living
Than a mortgage and a lawn to mow"

This echoes in my head EVERY time I mow the lawn!

Musically, it's OK too, I like the pulse of it. It would not be a contender
on most of her other records, but on CMIAR it stands out among all the
"Number 2's" :~)

Bob