Joniphiles -
Hi folks.  Time for one of my reminder messages.  A few points pulled from
the introductory letter you received when you subscribed:

------------------
LIST ETIQUETTE:

1) ALWAYS USE "NJC" IF APPLICABLE!!!!!  (I sit on the fence on tonight's
debate about ultra-strict adherence to this, but think that 99% of the time
is about right.)

4) Tolerance, tolerance, tolerance

5) Don't throw "crumbs": People sometimes tend to use the discussion list
as a chat room. By this, we mean that they will post a simple "Me too!" or
"I agree" in response to someone else's post - and that's it.  (There is a
chat room here: http://www.jmdl.com/chat.cfm)

6) Post from within the ballpark: ...the JMDL is an unmoderated discussion
of anything and everything related to the "life, art, music, and times of
Joni Mitchell". We don't always talk about Joni but we try to "stay in the
ballpark".

-----------------

I enjoy observing the political debates here but am troubled by the sheer
force with which they tend to suddenly dominate the list.

I'm offering a *suggestion* for the political debates.  How about taking
them elsewhere once they reach that fevered pitch?  I've set up a JMDL-PC
list at Yahoo.  It would be great if a responsible debater could suggest
that the discussion be moved there when it "reaches that point".

Sign up is quick and immediate, by sending a message to
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]".  You'll be subbed faster than you can
get your boxing gloves laced up.

Post messages to that list by sending them here: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Again, this is just a suggestion... I'm open for comments.

Thanks for listening,
Les