To Walt, Bob, et. al.,

One of the things I'm passionate about lately is playing the old Second Fret songs. If you go to the guitar site and sort "unreleased" there are a number of good tabs for these songs, including Hunter (which is the same tuning as This Flight Tonight, with that low jangling G string, tabbed by Mark d.). Have fun!!! Eastern Rain is beautiful and I just discovered that if you play around with that tuning you can also play some great Nick Drake songs (To the Morning, Northern Sky, <deep sigh>). www.jmdl.com/guitar

I played a very tentative version of Come to the Sunshine at Jonifest and originally had planned to also play Eastern Rain and another favorite Day After Day (which Marian tabbed). But I hadn't practiced enough, mea culpa.
My goal during winter vacation is to tab Blue on Blue - another Second fret favorite. I LOVE THESE SONGS!

 > "eastern rain-what a beautiful melody-
 >     did you ever hear fairport conventions version?"

    "I also have an old vinyl bootleg which has a studio version of a song
 called "good samaritan" which to me sounds like an eary version of "this

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:40:29 +0100
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: One more thing Joni needs.....

and didn't she then make a painting of the image used in the Gap ad,
ironically calling it 'self promotion'?

Talking about self-promotion, I tried my hand at a portrait of Joni after the gap ad in pastel. You can see it here at the Wanderer site:

http://www.jmdl.com/wanderer/jonipastel.htm

Received the Jonifest discs yesterday (thanks Jody!!!) and am really enjoying listening to you talented people.

have a great weekend, suemc
--

<http://www.jmdl.com/guitar/>

"It's all a dream she has awake" - Joni Mitchell