> My family is from Spain and let me tell you I have never seen so many smoker
> then on the streets of Madrid. Men and women!

Omn our recent drive thru Europe(France, Spain, Switzerland, Germnay, Holland
and Belgium) we were surprised at how civilised it still was. People smoked
everywhere!
And dogs (in France) were even in the fanciest restaurants, and we had no
trouble keeping the dog we collected in the motels either. And children were
treated with respect. Saw quite afew children(toddlrs) having tantrums and not
one of them was hit or shouted at. They were cuddled. It was beautiful to see.