Vince asked:

> Are the problems which you are seeing in environmental law the problems of
> those who desire the protection of the environment period, or, the often
> unhelpful nightmare of regulations and compliance documents that arise in
many
> places in the bureaucracies, or other factors?

Concern for the environment has always been a top issue for me.  The problem
is, like most anything else that may start out with good intentions, it has
often descended into the ridiculous, is often only about money (cottage
industries and foundations who benefit the most), results in redundancy of
multiple agencies at Federal, State and local levels, which results in
bureaucratic gridlock.  What poses for concern for the environment is quite
often more about "not in my back yard"/"don't do anything that will make my
property values go down" which results in "let's keep spending millions on
multiple EIR reports until we can find an endangered species so we can block
construction/development" or "let's get the state to buy off the developer's
property so we can keep our open spaces preserved" or "let's support more
and more stringent environmental laws because my law firm, environmental
consultant company, etc. will make a fortune off them the rest of our
lives." You wouldn't believe the situations I have witnessed personally.
You cannot conceive the waste of tax dollars as a result.

Kakki