Cyndi Lauper also usually gets quite of bit of face
time in the chair afterwards, too.  I do think, though,
that musicians in general get shafted on Letterman
because of their last in line placing.  Anything the
runs overtime during the other segments takes its extra
directly from the musician.  I doubt its Dave's fault,
though.

It may be that he's intimated by certain people, and
rushes through things a bit - I just found  tape that
I'd made in high school that had a Letterman interview
with Bette Davis, and he's so nervous that he just
stammers through most of it.  Very funny!

Reuben

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 11/07/02 01:29PM >>>
I'm not sure why Joni doesn't get "chair time"...it may
be her request. You can tell that Dave is a big admirer
just by the things he says about her and the way he
treats her. Could be that Dave is intimidated by her.

Tom Waits usually always has a sit down with Dave when
he's on the show.

Bob

NP: David Baerwald, "Colette"