In a message dated 11/8/2002 2:31:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, Merk54 writes:

> My first impressions were mostly favorable.  Of the songs I listened to, You Dream
>Flat Tires was the biggest surprise.
> Joni has really transformed this song into a little gem.

Flat Tires is FAR AND AWAY my fave in this collection, Jack. I didn't know what the
song was going to be at first, especially with the pacing...and when she starts "It
came to pass..." I just lit up! The jazz tempo for this one is superb, and the
HIGHLIGHT is the Billy Preston organ! At least I assume this is Billy, I had read
where he was a part of the project. And not that any of us needed confirmation, but
the song works quite well without Lionel Ritchie too! ;~)

Unfortunately, I don't hear Preston anywhere else on this CD, and his keyboards on
Flat Tires are such a breath of fresh air!!

Bob

NP: The Band, "Rags & Bones"