Michael,

The Pazfest cds are fantastic! Full of such wonderful surprises! It's
the first time I've ever enjoyed "Sex Kills". What a great version,
starting with the snapping fingers, the piano, the drums, it's really
great, not nearly as strident sounding as Joni's version. It's a very
sexy sex kills. That song was the biggest surprise.

And I love Susan Cowsill's low voice. I'm a sucker for a slight burr in
the voice; that bit of imperfection really appeals to me. And her "Last
Time I Saw Richard" was so heartfelt... she was pushing that sound and
feeling out there and there was no resisting.

What a thrilling evening this must have been! I like the way the cds
capture the happy, friendly energy along with the great music.

Michael Michael the love cycle... can we all call you that?  :-)

The tempo of the Priest is so strange, it bops along and then all of a
sudden it slows down and sounds like a dirge... very serious stuff! It's fascinating.

And the intro to Woodstock makes me smile. What a smooth voice Kim
Prevost has. Such a pleasure listening to this version.

Another favorite is the Amelia-Beth's Solo-Hejira set. I like all the
sounds, your voice, the bass, and am in love with the drummer making all
those shimmery sounds in Amelia, like hissing snakes in the desert she's
driving across. The song sounds alive and mysterious and full. And the
way it winds down into the almost country-sounding instrumental (guitar?
banjo?) solo... fantastic! And then into Hejira without a break... the
guitar on this blows me away.

Everyone, buy at least one of these for yourself, and a few to give to
people who might like Joni's songs but just can't stand her voice. Great
songs! Great music! Great cause! How can anyone resist?

Thanks, Michael, for making these available and for the good work you're
doing in Honduras.

Debra Shea

NP: The start of Black Crow... anticipation builds. I really like
hearing men's voices singing Joni's songs. Blue Boy was another
wonderful surprise...