Yael wrote:

> and i just want to suggest that there are better ways to critique
> britney/madonna/christina a - both their music and their marketing -
> than labeling them as "sluts" and "whores" and "bimbos".

Interesting that you should bring this up, Yael.  Just Tuesday night I
attended a Janis Ian performance, and Janis was remarking on Britney.
She was saying that she had no problem with Britney's youth, et cetera,
and the punchline was Janice muttering nearly quietly, "Slut."  Of
course the audience cracked up.

Considering Janis and all that she stands for, she might find it
interesting to read your opinions (with which I agree, btw).  Her email
address is [EMAIL PROTECTED], if you would like to write to her.

Lori

~