Right ON!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!! Sex will always have it's place with rock music but what is too much, when does it become too much, Christina Agularia LOOKS like a whore, no one can deny it, of couse she isn't a whore, but she has to know what type of visual image she's sending with the videos and photo shoots. They aren't tastefully done, she's obviously selling her sexuality. I don't put Madonna in this same catagory, although she's the master at using her sexuality to make $$$$$$$$$.

As a woman and as someone guilty of using "whore" and "bimbo" to describe
britney and christina I can say that I respect your decision to not do
so. Your post was intelligent and conscientous but I call it like I see
it. Of course these words in our vernacular are disparaging towards
women but what is worse is that our society continues to acknowlegdge a
woman's physical beauty above all else. Do you think that these
two girls would make any money for themselves or for their lables if they
didn't dress and writhe all over the place like they do? If christna and
britney had any kind of intellect and cared about what their images may
be projecting than maybe they wouldn't pose on the cover of rolling stone
with nothing on or make music videos full of sexual innuendoes and
soft-core pornography. There are many women today who make quality music
without these tactics, they may be less known, but at least they respect
themselves and their art. They wouldn't be called bimbos or whores
because they are not and they make sure they don't come across that way.
I don't respect either of these girls, their music is crap, and their
images are screwing up the collective conscience of many teen age girls
who think they need to act this way or look this way because it is fed to
them 24 hours a day in magazines, on the TV and in the news. It is no
surprise that Joni wants out of this business either, although I feel she
could record and produce and distribute her own music without losing her
core audience she may just be disgusted with the whole industry. I
certainly am.