I, too, was "somewhat present" at that Jonifest (no cracks from Paz,
please) and will attest that the cookbook is one that deserves greater
distribution. But I forget why that didn't happen.  Did Marian and Jerry
and the others for whom it was a labor of love just burn out?  Too many
lost little gray cells - please refresh my memory.

As for Kakki's observation that Joni's comment testifies to the
creativity and talent of the people on this list, I feel moved to add
that it isn't as if we don't get regular proof of that.  On this list,
on disc, in person at Fests and informal gatherings - time and time
again I am blown away by the intelligence of this community, as well as
the humor that many of our members bring to their wry observations of
life and love.  Add to that the passion, the caring and the positive
spirit that so many members bring to living and you have a positively
addictive mix.  By golly, I'm high as I write this!

Maggie McNally

NP:  Jonifest 2001:  Chuck E., Trouble Child