Having been raised Catholic, 12 years of their schooling, I have serious problems with
organized
religion.  Having said that I now consider myself to be an atheist.  Success!  LOL!

But seriously, Erica, I feel I live a spiritual life, granted on a different level, I
consider
myself to be a humanist.  And each day I "try" to be a better human being.  And I must
admit
that
although I do not believe in the bible - historically, I do remember the lessons and
do try to
live my life in the image of a great prophet, who may have walked the earth - Jesus.

Oh I am no saint.... and yes we all fall short.  But those bible thumpers need to look
inside
themselves to find their god - their Jesus.  Every Sunday, I awake to the sounds of
car horns
and
yelling and impatience - from what - from the Catholic church across the street from
me - Oh and
Easter we should have riot police here!  The cars and the scurrying for the lot or
street
parking
- it's quite the scene! It's nice to see all thoe god fearing, Jesus people going to
worship and
immediately asking for forgiveness for being selfish hypocrites.

This does not make me better than them -God knows - (pun totally intended). However, I
will not
be
demonized by any one else for my dogma.  From what I learned in Catholicism, we are
supposed to
live in Jesus's image.  We may not succeed - but the effort should be there.  And
those who
profess to be God's spokesperson are not without sin and need to remember that little
story
about casting stones.

In my opinion your old born again co-worker was soo wrong.  And here is the real trick
...Does
this alleged God want faith-allegiance or goodness?  I believe that goodness and good
spirit bring
about a faith or belief.  That is why organized religion operates so ass backwards!

So if I am wrong and there is a God in my end to judge, what I may lack in faith
hopefully will
be
more than made up for in effort and work and some success in living as a fair minded,
loving,
peaceful human being.

No "one" died for our sins.  For mine alone he's have to die a thousand deaths!  LOL!

Thanks for letting the atheist vent.

Peace,
Susan

NP: Jonatha Brook/Room In My Heart