gotta cut out these 2 drink lunches

if joni thinks
madonna is baring too much
for her career
who was showing her naked ass
in the gatefold of "for the roses?"

even carly "pressed ham" simon
never went that far!

sorry-national lampoon once called carly's "next album"
"pressed ham" and i always thought it was hilarious.

as much as i used to like carly
(and still do to a point)
how can she and joni be mentioned in the same breath?
i'll never forget sheepishly liking carly in the 70's
and a sweet girl in the dorms was shocked
that i could even listen to her
after she stole james from joni!?!?
ha ha

that aside
lets just compare
"your so vain" to "electricity"
or "no secrets" to say "cold blue steel and sweet fire"
or "anticipation" to "this flight tonight"
it's like comparing nursery rhymes to byron
much as i like those carly songs
gimmie a break

also as much as i liked "no secrets"
and especially "hotcakes"
i couldnt find one good song
on "playing possom", so i quit there
("coming around again" notwithstanding)

and on an entirely different note
i'm a big woody fan also.
(in fact, for me, his career parallels ms. jonis)
and while my faves are
"husbands and wives" "love and death"
"crimes and misdemeanors" and "annie hall"
i'm always AMAZED on how much i like all of his later movies
(especially the second viewing)

i would place "decontructing harry"
and "sweet and lowdown" right up there

ditto for "jade scorpion" or "hollywood ending"

all very dense, very funny, and beautifully directed

how touching is that deaf girl in "lowdown?"
how OUTRAGIOUSLY FUNNY is "deconstructing?"
(my friends and i could not stop laughing)

ooo also another big fave---
"another woman"
how great is gena rowlands?
IN ANY MOVIE SHE"S EVER BEEN IN?